Its been a while since my last post so lets jump back in with soup. Its been very cold recently so soup is the perfect solution to get warm from the inside out and also for a cold, which I have right now =[
The recipe and method below is for Carrot and Coriander Soup
This is another simple and cheap recipe that uses fresh ingredients, so for those health nuts and calorie counting folk this is perfect for you, get on it!
1 Leak (White end only)
1 Celery Stick
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
Fresh Coriander (optional)
Salt and Pepper (optional)
1) Chop all the vegetables
2) Add olive oil in a pot and heat up
3) Add all the vegetables apart from the potato
4) Add 1tsp of ground coriander and fresh coriander stalks into a pot
3) Stir so they don't brown
4) After a few minutes add a pint of vegetable stock
5) Add sliced potato
6) Put a lid on it and cook for 20-30 mins
7) Once the vegetables are soft grab a hand blender and smoosh it ( yes i said smoosh, technical term)
8) Add water to get consitency of your liking
9) Add fresh coriander leaves (optional)
10) Add salt and pepper to taste
This recipes makes 5 servings so fridge some, freeze some, or share it with your flat mates.
It doesnt stop there, try different vegetable combinations such as courgette instead of carrot. Just switch out the lb of carrots for a lb of a vegetable of your choosing.
There you have it. A tasty soup to beat away those cold blues. Check back soon for more recipes.
Questions, comments and suggestions welcome.
Thats it folks, enjoy your eats