Sunday 19 February 2012

Onion Bhaji

Why hello there,

Long time, no see. Hope all is well. I've been quite busy recently but boy do I have a treat for you today.

Ever been in a cooking situation where you end up with left over onion? Pain in the butt right? Well today I'm going to tell you how to solve this little problem in the form of Onion Bhaji.


Today I was sitting in bed thinking snack, snack, I need a snack. Quick google search for the basic ingredients for onion bhaji. Well I dont have most of that but I do have half an onion! How hard can it be? So ignore all those fancy recipes and try this out. Onion bhaji student style.

Checklist
Onion (1/4 made 6 bhajis)
Oil
Plain flour
Water
Pepper
Ground coriander
Lemon juice
Paprika
All purpose seasoning
*I used random seasoning I had* Have fun with this

Ok got everything ready? Good lets get started.

1) Put some flour into a mixing bowl, you dont need a lot (This was an experiment so I didnt measure anything, sorry about that)
2) Add a decent amount seasoning of choice and a few squirts of lemon juice
3) Gradually add water and stir each time until you get a batter like consistency
4) Chop left over onion into strands/half rings
5) Add onion to batter and stir, making sure to cover the onion in the mixture
6) Heat some oil in a frying pan
7) Add small groups of onion/mixture into pan
8) Turn over after a few minutes
9) Cook until slight brown

There you have it. This works well as a snack or an addition to a meal. Also goes nicely with tomato ketchup.

Stay tuned for more recipes.  Comments, suggestions and questions always welcome

Enjoy your eats

No comments:

Post a Comment